Of beauty contests and big numbers

I was over at Scott's blog Scott-o-Rama earlier and he was having a contest. Of course I entered, and was fortunate enough to win one of the prizes. Lucky for me, it was the best one--at least I think it was.

The prize was Trantasia, a DVD documentary of a beauty contest out in Las Vegas. The documentary follows the 6 finalists through the rigmarole of the contest using interviews and profiles to flesh out the personalities of each contestant. I suspect it'll be quite... eye opening for me.

In other news my blog finally moved over 100,000 visitors, as measured by unique daily visits.

That's about an average of 100 people a day over the 30 months that I've had my blog. The first few months I had the blog it was rare to have more than 5 visitors a day. My average these days is around 60 but for a while I was indexed highly by Google and as a result I was getting over 500 visits a day. That only lasted a few months but it really amped up my stats.

Oddly enough, it turned out that I was the 100,000th visitor when I went into StatCounter to check on my numbers.

Comments

Into the Light said…
With a name like Trantasia and set in Las Vegas, the DVD sounds like an experience in itself, Dave. Congrats for the win though....
Unknown said…
Congratulations on your win, and your stats. Sounds like an interesting DVD - what did you have to do to win...
tiff said…
You are your own 100,000th visitor! That's awesome. Congratulations.
SassyAssy said…
Are you planning on wearing a dress when you watch your prize?
utenzi said…
Uh-uh, Sassy. It's not about cross dressing, it's about cross genitalizing-- and that's not a bridge I'm prepared to cross! But thanks for your lovely comment. :-p
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
I haven't a clue as to how you find all that out...I know you said something about Statcounter, but if you've only had Statcounter for a year and a few months...Well, I don't get it.
I will have to check out that section...if I can find it! LOL!

Michele sent me to say HI, tonight, Dave.
Catherine said…
I don't think my Statcounter counts unique visits - I get number of visits per day, and number of page views, I think that's about it. I'm way short of 100,000 though. Michele sent me to congratulate you on reaching that landmark.
ribbiticus said…
hi dave! good job on the contest! and on the visitors stats! documentary sounds interesting...wonder if it's available here. ;)
Michele sent me to offer my congrats, Utenzi!!! What a great milestone (I'm jealous) -- I'm really excited for you.
Janet said…
Sounds like quite an interesting movie! Thanks for visiting, Utenzi :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel