ankles: the sequel

I've heard rumors that one post about my sprained ankle wasn't enough so here's more pictures to satisfy a public hungry for swollen flesh...

This was taken the morning after I sprained the ankle. There's starting to be a black and blue mark from the blood vessels leaking

At this point the swelling is still very localized to the lateral side of the left ankle and presumably that's the tendon that was affected (very likely since I really screwed it up 15 years ago and it's got extra play in it)



In this picture, taken on Sunday evening about 25 hours after the injury, you can see the edema, or swelling, has spread out over the top and entire lateral side of the foot. There's also more evidence of hematoma at the skin above the metatarsals. At the same time, there's still significant swelling at the original site to the point that it totally eclipses the left ankle.











Here's a lateral view taken at the same time as the photo above to show the hematoma better. From this angle the swelling near the ankle doesn't appear as dramatic as from above. This is due to the generalized swelling across the entire foot. Oddly enough it doesn't hurt unless lateral stress is applied to the ankle joint or if direct contract is made to the swollen area. In other words--don't touch my damn foot!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ouch
Anonymous said…
I hope you're on the mend. And I hereby request that all future foot pictures be presented as text links - :p
utenzi said…
You got it, Lisa. I'll be more discreet in the future. :-) At least with my ankles.
utenzi said…
It only hurts when I move wrong. I just have to move with care!
Anonymous said…
yikes!! hope it's better soon!
Anonymous said…
OUCH! It looks like my DH's after a commercial mower ran over his ankle.
Anonymous said…
I see you didn't use the castor oil pack! Tsk, tsk.

I jammed my little toe into the door facing on Sat. morning. By Sat. evening, it was purple and twice the normal size. That night, and again Sunday, I rubbed castor oil into it and wrapped it in Saran wrap and pulled on a sock. It was not swollen and the bruising had almost all gone. I geuss I can't make you try it.
Anonymous said…
Well, sorry - I didn't remember telling you that whole story on the other post. Apparently the door jamb incident addled my memory bank, as well as my toes.
Anonymous said…
Sheesh! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Anonymous said…
Oh ouch! Judy gives the best advice, doesn't she? I hope you had the chance to try it.

So sorry about this injury... there's nothing wrong with your feet by the way, except what's actually "wrong" with them, that is. They look like normal feet with a dreadful injury. Take this as the highest of compliments. I generally can't stand feet.
Anonymous said…
Wish i'd had pictures taken of my left ankle whe I broke and dislocated it 2 years ago, somethng to scare the kids with

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!