Year Zero

I received a new book to review on Friday. It's coming out in early July and was written by Rob Reid, the fellow that founded Listen.com (which in turn founded Rhapsody) and is filthy rich as a result. Why he's still working is beyond me but I guess you have to have something to do with your time and he decided to write the book Year Zero---and I'm glad he did.

How's this for a concept: The Earth is about to be destroyed in order to keep the rest of the Galaxy from going bankrupt due to all the fines other species owe from illegally downloading human music.

That is, of course, very reminiscent of Doug Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, and intentionally so.  I've just started the book but it holds a lot of promise.

I should finish this in a couple of days and I'll let you know what I think. In the meantime, listen to a lot of music while you still can. Those aliens are about to destroy the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel