Monday, September 14, 2009

Deep down in the bayou

Well, not exactly bayou. It's more like a lake with very little water movement.


Here you see a log in the distance under yonder tree. And maybe a few lumps near it.


Now you use that powerful 12X optical zoom on my new Fuji and lo and behold, it's a turtle and it's buddy the alligator. The exposure wasn't great from this side so I walked along the shore a bit and got the next shot from a slightly different angle.


The glint of sunlight on the scaly hides wasn't as bad from over there. I really like the new Fuji. I'm so glad it came a week before I expected it to.

4 comments:

Smug said...

Oh, I really don't like things under the water that I can't see!!!

Utopia said...

Where were you to find an alligator? Around this area?

Thumper said...

I gotta ask...did the alligator eat the turtle...?

Janet said...

you were walking around an area where that big of an alligator was out loose? EEK!