Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Demon Deer

I went hiking today after work. There were thunderstorms rolling through the area so it was kinda dark and since I didn't want my good camera to get wet, I used my backup camera. Just in case.


So, towards the end of the hike I see these two deer pretty far away in the woods. I try to take a photo with my zoom out at 12X but it was just too dark. The picture here was a 1.5 second exposure. Even braced against a tree I couldn't hold the camera steady enough for the shot to work.

So, I decided---what the hell---even though they're pretty far away I'll try my flash. Result? Demon deer.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

What is wrong with you? Why would you go hiking in the woods when thunderstorms are coming through? A wet camera should be the least of your concerns!

I'm tired of pictures of deer, so I really don't care if these came out... but at least we know you came back alive!

utenzi said...

It's the trees that need to worry, they're a lot taller than I am. It was so humid out there that by the time I was back at my car, it might as well have rained on me. I was soaked. Nothing like heat and humidity to wring you out.

kenju said...

I can't believe you were out in that today. Did you get hung up in the traffic pile-up on I40?

Smug said...

I like Demon Deer! I see Demon dear on my way to work every morning. We have a family of about 7 that are always in the yard and on the road when I leave the house at 5am. They don't run when they see my car coming - they just glare at me!