Hike Today

I got a lot of sleep last night. Slept from 10pm to 5am. Probably the most sleep I got at one time in at least 6 months. Wonderful.

To celebrate I went on a hike at 8am, when the park in Hillsborough opened up.

Julie went along to keep me safe. That's her standing below. For some reason she didn't want to climb up on the big rock. Girls are weird that way, y'know?

Risotto last night, hiking this morning, and the lawn is all mowed so I don't have to do that for a couple of days more. Life is good! Ahhhh-choo.

Now if I could just get rid of this teary eyed sneezy feeling that is dogging my heels... this is the worst Spring for me since I moved to NC ten years ago. Before that I lived in Atlanta which is Hell on Earth for Spring allergies. Compared to Georgia, North Carolina is heaven!

In a few hours it'll be bruschetta for a light lunch and then lamb shank for dinner. No mint jelly tho---the damn Wal-mart didn't have it. Or at least I couldn't find it.





Comments

kenju said…
Nice pix. Make me want to hike (sort of).


I know exactly what you man about allergies this year. My eyes itch as never before and my voice gets crackly if I go outside for more than a minute. Yesterday, I sneezed 5 times straight and I've never done that before. I can't wait for the pollen to leave!

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel