Weekend Plans

Last night I had to work past 7pm but I compensated today by leaving by 4pm. As a result, I was able to drive to Wal-mart when it wasn't terribly busy and score my prescription drugs with a minimum of waiting. I'm probably going to try the generic Ambien tonight and see if it works for me. It'd be great to be able to stay asleep for more than the 4 or 5 hours I usually get.

I picked up a couple of DVDs from the library this morning. While someone else took out Chaos Theory between the time I looked it up online and when I got there, I did get American Gangster and Mad Money. Gangster stars Denzel Washington so no doubt it'll be quite good--and it's almost 3 hours long! Mad Money probably won't be that good but I do like the cast (Diane Keaton, Ted Danson, Katie Holmes, and Queen Latifah) so it was worth checking out.

I did something at Wal-mart today that I'd never done before. Never, ever. Curious? Well, it's not all that earth shattering. I bought bacon. Ta-dah. Kinda anticlimatic, huh?

I don't like the taste of bacon (which is why I've never bought it) but I was looking up recipes for baked beans this week and almost all of them include bacon. Ewww!

Renee had this great recipe for baked beans and she'd make them for parties and such. I'm going to try to see if I can make something that tastes similar---and bacon is apparently one of the things I'll need. I don't remember how Renee made them so I'm just winging it---and using the baked bean recipes on All Recipes as a guide.

So this weekend I'll be doing some cooking, a hike on Saturday afternoon, maybe a trip to Trader Joe's or A Southern Season afterwards to look for Wintergreen flavoring since Wal-mart didn't have it, and lots of reading. I'm reading the Belgariad series of books again for the umpteenth time. It's a comfort thing, I guess. And I'm going to be trying out this Ambien thing. I might actually be well rested by Monday morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE bacon, but I'm picky about brands. Too late now (since you've got to do something with that bacon!), but you can substitute ham for the bacon... the real taste is in the sauce, not the bacon. I think if you asked her nicely, Renee would help you out with the recipe. I'd share mine, but it's not written down... I go by how it tastes and just add some more of various ingredients until I'm happy. I could give you the ingredients, but the amounts would be "give or take". :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel