Doctors and Soda

This medical crap is getting annoying. I'd not gone to a doctor in over ten years and I was doing just fine. Now I've seen one three times in the past 3 months and she's got me set up with appointments with all other sorts of doctors too. It's like mold on bread, the doctor stuff is spreading and I don't like it one bit. And if that wasn't annoying enough, I've only got one can of soda left. Eeeeek.

My doctor gave me a prescription for Trilyte when I saw her on Tuesday so since I need to hit Wal-mart to get that filled, I s'pose I could pick up some soda while I'm there. Wonderful, lovely, sweet enchanting soda. Mmmmmm. (it's not an addiction, I tell you--it's just not!)

And on Friday I learned that my doctor's office had made an appointment for me to get an ultrasound this coming Wednesday---I need more notice than that. My poor little mind can't get wrapped around the idea of a procedure with just half a week of advance time. And the thing is going to occur at the Women's Hospital. Is that weird or what? Maybe my doctor saw my burgeoning gut and thought I was pregnant. That would account for it being an ultrasound and the venue of the Women's Hospital. Damn. I should have asked why they made that appointment for me. Though the look on the resident's face when s/he looks under my gown might be interesting...

Only one more soda left. This isn't good.

Comments

SassyAssy said…
Hmmmm....could there be a connection between the flurry of doctor visits and your soda addiction?
utenzi said…
Bite your tongue, woman, else I'll bite it for you! Soda is sacrosanct!
Unknown said…
Sounds like a proactive doctor is what you need, not that you procrastinate or anything ;-)
Bobkat said…
I can sympathise, I have the doctors mould syndrome too. Once they get their teeth into you... Seriously though, I hope they sort out whatever is wrong.

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel