high def

I finally made the plunge after watching prices for a year.

This set has been on sale at Best Buy a few times since Thanksgiving and I can't resist it any longer.

The set I really wanted was a 50" LED projection (DLP) TV from Samsung but this Panasonic is $400 less and it's 6" bigger--that's a very persuasive combination.

I decided to go with a projection set 'cause I'm too cheap to pony up with the cash required to get a big set with either direct view plasma or LCD. I had decided not to spend over $1,500 but that largely restricted me to projection sets. And that's okay -- they're very pretty too.

The price is pretty good. Amazon.com currently has the set priced at $1,699 though they offer free shipping. The shipping at Best Buy is $60 which seems quite reasonable given the size of the set. To save the $700 I'm more than willing to cover the cost of the shipping! And speaking of shipping--I'm supposed to get the set on the 22nd. They call the night before to confirm time within a 2 hour time slot. So in 8 days I should be enjoying a very pretty picture. If I don't post for a few days you'll know that I really like the tv. :-)

I might have to switch to a satellite television provider now so I can take advantage of the great picture. I ordered a Philips DVP5982 1080p Upscaling DVD Player just the other day so that's what I'll be watching at first -- I'm going to wait a bit on the Blu-ray versus HD battle.

Comments

GA Girl said…
Looks like the reviews are good. Enjoy!
SassyAssy said…
Dammit Dave...couldn't you have done this last year??????
kenju said…
My daughter just bought a 48" TV and I thouight THAT was big.....LOL
Wanda said…
Good luck with new TV. That is a very big one.
tiff said…
You do have surround sound, do you not? The teevee is only half-useful without it.
Paul and I bought a huge HDTV and I love it. There is nothing like watching football on a huge HDTV. Also, if you enjoy lots of movies it's definitely worth it. I don't even know what it would be like to watch a movie on a ordinary tv anymore.

Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

ankles: the sequel

Bread is Dangerous

Natural Gas Pipeline in Mebane