insomnia and snow in north carolina

The weather here in North Carolina has taken a turn for the colder. The same is true for most of the USA. The global warming train has taken a brief break--at least here in my neighborhood.

I woke up this morning around 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. I was bored and started taking pictures of the time/temperature readout up on my wall of my bedroom.

As you can see, it was quite chilly last night and it got colder as dawn approached. In fact, as you can see in the picture below--we had our first snow accumulation of the Winter. It's less than an inch but it looked so pretty. Kinda annoying to drive in but other than having to drive a little slower the commute was painless.

It's been raining a little bit but despite that there's still a fair amount of snow outside my laboratory. I brought my camera in to work with me in the hopes of taking some pictures of a snow covered campus but unfortunately I had to much work this morning to be able to go outside and now more than half the snow is gone. Damn the luck. Maybe we'll get some more snow soon. I'd love to take some pictures of it--and I'd not mind a snow day next Monday. The rest of the days of the week I'm too busy to take off so it'd be best to happen on Monday. LOL

Comments

Anonymous said…
Things are changing here too...we're getting some nasty storms sweeping across our ickle island! 7 people killed due to the high winds just in my city today. I've heard the storms are only going to get worse. Grrr!
Anonymous said…
It has been pretty cold here in Southern California aswell. Quite unusual and for a record it has gotten low to 24 F degree.
Noi Rocker said…
The last pic is beautiful. Snow is beautiful. It does look freezing and I am sure I will not be able to move if I am there:p
kenju said…
I took 2 photos of it today too, but I didn't psot them yet. It started melting by noon over here.
srp said…
No snow here, too close the the Gulf Stream, just drizzle, rain, more drizzle and more rain. Sigh. The first year we were here it snowed four inches on Christmas Day. Last year it snowed two inches on my birthday. This year it has only gotten below freezing, maybe three days. It was even colder down in Mississippi than it was here.

Someday I'll learn to take pictures with snow, if I ever see it again... Park City, Utah... great place for skiing and snow.
carmilevy said…
I rode my bike through the snow today, Dave. Somewhat stupidly, I took the thing to work. And back. In a snow squall.

You painted a much prettier picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel