mission impossible

I just bought Mission Impossible the other day from Barnes & Noble. They sent me a 25% off coupon and I couldn't resist. No, it's not the movie. It's the old TV series. At long last, the first season is being released on December 5th.

I remember watching the Mission Impossible shows as a kid and really liking them. However I didn't see them until around the 4th season when I was 9. In 1966, when the first season aired, I was just 5 and much too young to watch the show. What's really weird to me is that Peter Graves wasn't on that first season--in my mind I identify the show strongly with him. Instead, the lead was held by Steven Hill better known now for his role in Law & Order.

In keeping with the topic of Mission Impossible, here's your mission, should you choose to accept it:


The picture above was taken without zooming. I went as far as I could up the steam with my kayak until it was grounded. As I gazed around me I realized I could see some movement on the rocks directly in front of me.

I zoomed in all the way (12X) with my camera and snapped the picture to the right. Can you see what I saw moving? Here's a hint: it's white. What I didn't see at the time was that there's something else there similar to the white object but not moving and this one is gray.

If the mission is too difficult you can look below. I circled the objects in question. This post will self destruct in 10 seconds. LOL Not really!



Comments

srp said…
Kitties on a hunt no doubt. Were there houses out near there? Seems a bit wild and dangerous for "domesticated" cats, if there is such a thing.
Anonymous said…
Cats! Who would have expected that!!
Anonymous said…
Really, Cats? I would not have thought they would be out like that....
utenzi said…
There's only one house anywhere close to this and I'm sure both cats are from that house. It's a quarter mile away on the other side of the ridge that the cats are on. I've seen the tabby before on their boat dock watching me but this was the first time I'd seen the gray cat.
Anonymous said…
I'd have expected rabbits, but cats? How cool.
Spock said…
Aw Dave! They am purrty! But alas, they am not yore furriend, Oreo. :)
Anonymous said…
Have you ever noticed that Steven Hill never gets out of his chair on L&O? It's one reason why we call him "The Fossil"! LOL! I loved MI! I didn't know Steven Hill was there the first season either.
Anonymous said…
I was looking for something more sinister than kitty cats.
utenzi said…
Ha! Nothing is more sinister than cats, Lass!!
SassyAssy said…
Kitties! Awww! Well, at least it was not bears or something ferocious.
Spock said…
SINISTER?!?!?!? Oh Dave, I reeely hope you am a bad speller & put too many letters in the word sister or I may have to come put the bite on you!!!
You have quite a camera Dave...And that one cat almost looks like a bird in flight...The gray one...In fact that's whatI thought it was.,..My euesight is not very good, I'm afraid...!
Anonymous said…
Nice canoe pictures. The cat pirates didn't board your vessel?

I think if it keeps raining here, I should be able to canoe from one end of the deck to the other.
carmilevy said…
You have an amazingly observant eye....most people would miss it completely.

I hope you always take us along on your adventures like this.
Michelle said…
Wonderful photos, my favorite is the first :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel