random musings

My tulips are really coming up now. Several are in bloom and a few dozen are soon to pop out. I love tulips. I might wander around campus for a bit at lunch and take pictures of the ones here. It's a little warmer here where I work and their flowers come up a week or two before mine do at home. BTW, the red font is due to most of my tulips being RED!

My tenant, Tech Snack, has a new post today that might be of interest to parents of young kids. It's a lie detector! Now tell the truth (*giggle*), isn't that something you wished you could apply to your kids from time to time? Not to mention bosses, coworkers, spouse, and the occasional friend as well. Well, this is your chance. From now on it's nothing but the truth--and this gadget will ensure it! LOL

My allergies are killing me! I've been mowing my lawn the past few days and it's really doing me in. *sneeze, sniffle* I use lawn mowing as enforced exersize and go out for an hour each time. I'm very out of shape right now so that means that the lawn takes 4 sessions since it's pretty big By the time May hits I'll be doing it in 3 sessions, sometimes 2. Supposedly my lot is 1 acre but since it's the biggest near me, and you have to have at least an acre here in NC for a septic tank, I suspect it's actually more like 1.25 acres. If nothing else, it's a lot of walking and pushing and that's good for my weight and cardiovascular system. Or so I tell myself as I'm out there sweating, sneezing, and thinking dark thoughts! ;-)

Speaking of dark thoughts, what's up with Brian Doyle, deputy press secretary for Homeland Security, a man entrusted to protect us, preying on young girls? That's something they really should vette people on before appointing them to high government posts. Just use that lie detector up above and ask: "do you want to do illegal things with kids?" The Internet is in many ways a wonderful thing--but it makes crimes like this way too easy and that's a very sick and scary thing. I doubt you'd ever find someone like Doyle hanging around a schoolyard with a box of lollipops but chatting up young kids in a chatroom? That's a different story.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are supposed to get snow tonight. I want to see some flowers, I'm jealous.

Hope those allergies clear up.

I was horrified when I heard the news about Doyle. So much for Homeland Security.....
carmilevy said…
The Doyle experience proves to us once again that no one can ever be fully trusted. It saddens me that it has come to this, but I guess that's just the nature of the world we live in today.

Sigh...
kenju said…
Doyle, and others like him, should be crucified in a public area, up-sidedown and naked.
Anonymous said…
A bona fide lawn. I vaguely remember those. One year I'm going to move to a more southern latitude I swear.

How about a tulip picture?

Popular posts from this blog

Nitroflex at home

flea!

ankles: the sequel